Book your free AposTherapy consultation
Harris & Ross is a certified AposTherapy provider. If you are suffering from any form of osteoarthritis, such as chronic pain in the knee, back or feet, get in touch with us now for your free consultation and get on the path to recovery.
What is AposTherapy?
AposTherapy is an innovative non-surgical and drug-free treatment for knee pain and other musculoskeletal disorders.
Initially developed by orthopaedic doctors, the unique individually-adjusted devices that are worn on the feet reduce the strain and pressure on painful joints. 50,000 patients have already been treated worldwide.
The treatment brings the body into optimal alignment, reducing stress and strain on painful areas of the joint by stimulating and retraining muscles. The re-education of the body ensures it adopts a less painful walking style, even when patients are not wearing the device.
This video explains the treatment process in more detail.
- Non-surgical and drug-free
- Effective for pain reduction, improvement in function and quality of life
- Proven for lasting pain-relief
- Addresses the root cause of you condition
- Highly convenient
- Personalised to your specific needs
- On-going care for optimal results
The effects of AposTherapy are life-changing. Patients see huge improvements to their lifestyle, and then due to the reduction in pain they are able to enjoy life to the fullest once again – whether that’s weekend golf, getting back to work, or playing with the grandkids.
Watch this patient testimonial video to see the positive impact AposTherapy has on many lives.
Who is suitable for treatment?
AposTherapy is a clinically proven alternative to surgery and has helped patients with the following medical problems:
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Chronic knee pain
- Torn meniscus
- Knee ligament damage
- Anterior knee pain
- Pain following knee surgery
- Lower back pain
The treatment process
- Initial assessment During the initial assessment, your AposTherapy Certified Physiotherapist will conduct an in-depth clinical evaluation of your condition and assess your suitability for the treatment.They can achieve a clearer picture of what is causing your pain.The AposTherapy Certified Physiotherapist will then calibrate a foot-worn device specifically to your individual needs, to relieve pressure and re-train the muscular system around the joint.
- Treatment The AposTherapy-certified physiotherapist will develop a personalised treatment programme based on your specific clinical needs.The device is worn for a short period during the day (about an hour a day), whilst carrying out usual daily activities either at home or at work. As you continue your daily life, movement patterns will be re-educated which provide lasting pain relief and improved function.
- On-going care AposTherapy is a dynamic treatment, regularly monitored and adjusted to ensure
optimal success throughout the care process. Follow-up consultations monitor your progress and the AposTherapy-certified physiotherapist works with you to ensure your treatment objectives are met. As you progress with treatment, further adjustments are made to the device as necessary, to ensure treatment outcomes are optimised and your goals are met.
- Be yourself again The device aims to relieve the stress on your painful joints. In parallel, your brain and muscles are re-educated to work correctly again, bringing your body into optimal alignment and creating healthier walking patterns, pain-relief and improved function.
Book your free AposTherapy consultation
As the North West’s leading physiotherapists, our practitioners’ are able to provide a number of services to help our patients in their journeys to recovery. Follow the links to find out more about our multidisciplinary clinic: physiotherapy, children’s physiotherapy, podiatry, chiropody, soft tissue and sports massage therapy and high performance management.
We’ll help get you back on the road to a full recovery.